Tuesday, July 10, 2007

It's too darn hot here. Just too darn hot. We haven't gone to the swimming pool because the sun is so intense. I don't want the kids to get burned. I think we may go this evening, while it's still 90 degrees, but when the sun won't be as hot. Mini-me has discovered Flower's old Leap Pad in the toy room. She likes to "read" the Disney Princess Stories book. It has all of her favorite princesses in it, including Ariel (because Mini-me can swim, just like a mermaid). Patch's favorite thing to do is knock things over. He is very easily entertained. Just stack some blocks, and muscle man here will do the rest. I was teasing Curly this morning that Patch inherited the "clean counter" gene from him. Curly loves a clean surface. He'll do anything to get it, including moving the mess somewhere else. Patch goes into the bathroom every chance he gets and knocks the shampoo and body wash from the tub rim into the tub. Who cares that you can't take a bath? As long as the countertop is clean....

I'm not sure if I have blogged about the or not (and I am too lazy to look it up), but I am part of a new quilting group. Well, new to me. My friend Lauren invited me to join. When she had her first, Nate, she joined the mother's group at the hospital for a little support (like Mini-me, Nate did not enjoy nursing). All the women got to be friends, started a play group for their months-old babies, and then started quilting together. Most of them are onto baby #2 by now. I ran into them at Sistos about a month ago and they invited me to join the BFM Quilters. BFM stands for Breast Feeding Moms, which was the name of their group at the hospital. Last Thursday was my first time (we meet weekly), and I got some great ideas for some quilts. I was hoping to have some things put together for this weeks meeting, but it's too hot to go up the attic and get my sewing machine. Again, maybe this evening when the temperature dips to around 90...

Oh, and I can't get my computer to click on the title area. Frustrating...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once when it was this hot our air conditioning broke. I thought there was not enough air in the house to sustain life. We never had air conditioning when I was growing up and I don't know how my mom managed to cook dinner, wash and iron, and manage to look pulled together through oppresive heat and humidity. Kudos to you, Mom.

jlk said...

It's all because of global warmings.

Anonymous said...

Ah, yes. And what will they say tomorrow when it is 86?