Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Day 2

I think it might get a little redundant to talk about how we were in the car again today. So I won't.

This morning, we awoke to the dulcet tones of Patch crying in the crib. The hotel clock said 7:30. We got up, got ready, and got down to the car by what we thought was 10. It was actually 9. Ooops. Lucky for us, Grandma and Grandpa are early risers. By the time we got there, Grandpa had already been to the store for chocolate milk. We had brunch with Aunt Lisa and Courtney. Courtney is very tall. Taller than Curly. Flower couldn't get enough of her. Grandma outdid herself again. I think I know why I love to cook.

We drove and drove and drove some more. By hour 4, Flower had smacked Patch and shoved Mini-me's feet. We had to draw boundaries. Mini-me lost gum privileges yet again. An hour away from our destination, I decided to show the kids how to make trucks honk. We pumped our arms up and down and only got one honk. Patch thought he was responsible and shrieked and clapped. We let him live in his delusion; he won't remember it tomorrow.

Tonight we are sleeping in St. Cloud, Minnesota with Auntie Ree and Sara. Tomorrow we go to one of the 10,000 lakes. Does it get any better?

No comments: