Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Needs


Flower and Gracie have a love/hate relationship; Gracie loves to lick Flower, and Flower hates it. We all love Gracie when she's sweet, which is most of the time. She's just, well, needy. When she feels left out, she must jump and lick and say "Hey! You forgot about me!!!" In this way, she is very much like most of the O'Kigin clan. When Flower feels a little insecure, she wants to sit so close she's practically on your lap. She may be small for her age, but man, she's too big for a lap. When Mini-me feels sick or sad, she'll push whoever may already be on your lap onto the floor and then climbs right up. She was never a cuddly baby, so I don't mind this so much. Patch has always loved to be held. Even when he's playing, every few minutes he comes over, grabs my hand, and puts it on his head for me to rub. Curly even gets in on the act, especially when I'm trying to stitch. All of a sudden, a head will be on a my shoulder, making any needle movement slow and nearly impossible. The cat's needy too, only she demands things at 2 am, instead of 2 pm like a normal feline. Ah, we're a needy bunch, aren't we?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do the words, "will you play with my hair?" ring a bell?

Anonymous said...

Tailer's magic hour is 3 AM. One of the reasons why she gets locked in the basement most nights. Grr!

Brandie Lyon said...

We really miss lily. We are still hoping she and Garrett will hook up someday.

DanceNplay said...

Why YOU NO COMMENT ON SOOSIE'S BLOG?? EH??