Monday, April 07, 2008

Monday Morning

I stayed up way too late last night watching Sense and Sensibility on PBS. Even though I took the test and came out as Marianne, I think I am more Elinor, in a lot of respects. I did love their mother, though. She was so steady and constant for her girls who spent the entire 3 hours in a perpetual state of emotional turmoil.

Patch's runny nose is back and it's all my fault. The pest control man, Mike, came today and we had to be out of the house for two hours. It was cold and drizzly, and the YMCA playroom was full. So we walked for 2 hours, stopping in a little shop here and there to warm up. I am hopeful the ant situation is behind us. We asked Mike what we could do until the next spray in 3 months, and he said avoid heavy cleaning, which would wipe away the pesticide. Done and done, Mike!

As I was walking around, I listened the song "Grace Kelly" on my iPod about 20 times. Well, only 3 times, but it could have easily been 20 times. One of the lines talks about all the colors he could be. If you are familiar with the song, could you please clarify something for me? Does he REALLY say "I could be hurple, I could be purple"????? Thanks.

1 comment:

losing my needles said...

So you'll walk in the rain for 2 hours, but I live too far away? We really aren't friends anymore are we?