Tuesday, April 01, 2008

April Fools

I was going to attempt a fake post, but it's too early and I have nothing clever to write. My older brother has the best April Fools jokes. Part of what makes them so good is that he doesn't do one every year, so you can't immediately pick it off as a prank. In Elementary School, he got the Principal to write him a pink slip, saying he was suspended because he got in a fight. Then, he got everyone on the bus in on his joke. We were to all run ahead while he walked slowly home. He handed my mom the note, while I tried not to die in a fit of giggles (I am not good at secret-keeping, because I have "no filter"). My mom was so mad, she made him call our dad. AT WORK. At this point, I thought he was done for. There was no way he could get out of this one. But he did, and my parents thought it was hilarious.

Another year, this time as grown-ups, he sent an email saying that he and his pregnant wife had just gone for their ultrasound and, gulp, they were having triplets. The email went on to say that he didn't know how they were going to do it, blah blah blah. My younger brother got the email at work, and told everyone in the office "Oh my gosh! My brother's having triplets!"

I can't wait to see what he comes up with next.

No comments: