Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Dora

Saturday afternoon, Dora the Explorer came to the Francis Scott Key mall here in Frederick. It's a small mall, you can stand at one end and see the other. Dora came to the center, where Santa and the Easter Bunny visit. When we arrived, there was a long line of people. We got to the end, and several others filed in behind us. Mini-me then announced she had to go potty. We ran to the McDonald's, went potty, and got back in line, this time with Curly and Patch who had been parking the car. Dora had arrived while we were powdering our noses. While I turned to Curly and told him where we were, Mini-me took off at a sprint, ducked under the ropes and gave Dora a big hug. Dora, who was what Aunt Mooney would call a "depiction," didn't talk, she just gestured with her oversized mitt of a hand an "oops!" I caught up to Mini-me, explained to her that we had to wait our turn, and walked her back to the caboose of line. She looked at me and said "Mommy, I love Dora so much! And I know Dora loves me so much, too." She fully accepted that Dora could only talk as a cartoon, and not as a person. Ah, the faith of a little child.

No comments: