Sunday, December 18, 2011

One Short Week

Folks, may I have your attention for a moment? One week from today, all the stress will be over. All the preparation will be done. But getting to that point? Holy moley, it's going to be nuts! I have a lot to still finish. Am I alone in this? I doubt it. So instead of doing a post on all the things I have yet to do, I thought I would post about the things I finished last week.

First up is this adorable baby quilt, made from Ruby. It's also a Thimble Blossoms pattern called Wild Thing. It was my last customer order of the season.

 For the back I used some Nicey Jane. I love this stuff.
 Then, my friend Lauren and I decided to make a quilt for our blogless friend. It was made from leftover blocks from a quilt found here.
We delivered it this week, so she would have a chance to enjoy it. I think she liked it.
 Lauren is a genius, and turned the two leftover blocks into pillows. Look how happy Colleen looks:
Proving yet again that handmade is well worth the stress.

6 comments:

Candice @ Made With Love said...

You are such a rock star!! I love the Ruby quilt and you're genius for using leftover blocks to make the second quilt! :)

patty said...

That quilt is adorable. Good luck this week -- you can do it. All of it.

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

I really love that Ruby quilt. I have wanted some Ruby fabric for a long time...maybe I'll get some Mother's Day! The quilt looks great!!!

Mama Pea said...

Cute stuff! You are making some great stuff! Hope you get to relax and enjoy the season!

Brooke said...

cute, cute projects!!! Love both of the quilts!! What is the fabric line in thw second quilt - looks awesome!
Merry Christmas!

Karen said...

GO JANA! GO JANA! You can make it! Great finishes. I love gifting things that I have made knowing the recipient will love it.