Thursday, September 29, 2011

Progress Report

Here are a few things I've been working on lately.

First up is this really cute Garden Fence quilt. I still need to add a couple of borders, because who doesn't love a border or two? The fabric is mostly Penny Lane by Riley Blake. It's so pretty and girly.

Next up is Wedding Quilt #3. I haven't given it to our friends yet. They just returned from their honeymoon and I'm waiting until we get together. I cannot remember what the fabric is, but I found it in Pittsburgh. So, if you like it, go to Pittsburgh. They might have more. The pattern came from my favorite book. Of course.

 Here's the back. I used fabric in a complementary shade, since I didn't have time to go to Pittsburgh and get more fabric.
 And finally, I cut into some of my pretty fabrics. Christmas sewing has begun!
What have you been working on lately? Hopefully something pretty. Life's too short to make ugly things, you know.

9 comments:

Jackie said...

You are so ambitious.. did you do the quilting on them, it looks lovely and so nice and heavily quilted.

Jamie Lee said...

That Garden Rail fence is stunning!
PS. If only I knew what would turn out ugly, I wouldn't waste my time:)

Vonna said...

They are both beautiful, gorgeous and totally stunning! Awe inspiring too :)

Lisa said...

Girl, you have a gift! I am working on aprons and I have two Christmas stockings to make: one for a lovely new daughter in law and one for a hardworking Hermana in California! I plan to start those during General Conference.

Brooke said...

Awesome quilts!!! I seem to only accomplish much smaller pieces compared to you ;0

Caren said...

Oooh - I like them! I've been working on soft toys made out of old socks. Hopefully putting some "cute" into those old worn out pitiful socks!

quiltzyx said...

Very nice!! I love the colors in both of them :D

I've been working on prezzies too, in hopes that I won't have to do any last minute all-night sewing, since I'm really not allowed to handle sharp objects after 9pm. ;^)

Thimbleanna said...

Wow -- you've been busy! Very pretty -- both of them. Now c'mon....just a little sneak peek of what's on for Christmas????

Karen said...

Super quilts! I have been working on holidaying without the computer. It was a very relaxing time. Now back into the swing of things (ho hum)& getting ready for term 4 of school.