Thursday, September 29, 2011

Progress Report

Here are a few things I've been working on lately.

First up is this really cute Garden Fence quilt. I still need to add a couple of borders, because who doesn't love a border or two? The fabric is mostly Penny Lane by Riley Blake. It's so pretty and girly.

Next up is Wedding Quilt #3. I haven't given it to our friends yet. They just returned from their honeymoon and I'm waiting until we get together. I cannot remember what the fabric is, but I found it in Pittsburgh. So, if you like it, go to Pittsburgh. They might have more. The pattern came from my favorite book. Of course.

 Here's the back. I used fabric in a complementary shade, since I didn't have time to go to Pittsburgh and get more fabric.
 And finally, I cut into some of my pretty fabrics. Christmas sewing has begun!
What have you been working on lately? Hopefully something pretty. Life's too short to make ugly things, you know.

9 comments:

Jackie said...

You are so ambitious.. did you do the quilting on them, it looks lovely and so nice and heavily quilted.

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

That Garden Rail fence is stunning!
PS. If only I knew what would turn out ugly, I wouldn't waste my time:)

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

They are both beautiful, gorgeous and totally stunning! Awe inspiring too :)

Lisa and Doug said...

Girl, you have a gift! I am working on aprons and I have two Christmas stockings to make: one for a lovely new daughter in law and one for a hardworking Hermana in California! I plan to start those during General Conference.

Brooke said...

Awesome quilts!!! I seem to only accomplish much smaller pieces compared to you ;0

Caren said...

Oooh - I like them! I've been working on soft toys made out of old socks. Hopefully putting some "cute" into those old worn out pitiful socks!

quiltzyx said...

Very nice!! I love the colors in both of them :D

I've been working on prezzies too, in hopes that I won't have to do any last minute all-night sewing, since I'm really not allowed to handle sharp objects after 9pm. ;^)

Thimbleanna said...

Wow -- you've been busy! Very pretty -- both of them. Now c'mon....just a little sneak peek of what's on for Christmas????

Karen said...

Super quilts! I have been working on holidaying without the computer. It was a very relaxing time. Now back into the swing of things (ho hum)& getting ready for term 4 of school.