Thursday, February 14, 2008

The "S" Word

Last night, Flower wanted to watch Game Plan. She brought it from her mom's house, promising fun, laughter, and ballerina hijinx. Before we popped in the DVD, she warned us that the "S" word was used a lot. Being more than a little concerned, I called The Ex and asked her about the movie. She said she didn't remember the "S" word at all. I decided that we would just turn the movie off should anything unsavory pop up. About 30 minutes into the movie, the "S" word popped up -- but not THE "S" word, just MY "S" word -- "stupid." Flower cringed when they said it, but we assured her it was okay. I just don't want the kids to use it as a mean thing to say to each other. She's a good girl to worry about it.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Hi! I just came across your blog and was reading this post. I, too, have the "S" word in my house. My kids 5 and 4 get on anyone (and I mean anyone) that says stupid. Just thought that was cute!