Saturday, February 16, 2008

North and South

For years I have searched for a movie I could love as much as Pride and Prejudice. Our babysitter told me about North and South a few months ago. At first, I thought it was a Civil War movie, but she quickly corrected me and said it was about England and that my heart would be: "ripped out. Ripped. Out." I put it on my Netflix queue, and both disks arrived this week. Oh my. Could there be another man so misunderstood as Mr. Thornton? Could there be a heroine quite as headstrong as Margaret? They put Mr. Darcy and Lizzie to SHAME people! I stayed up until 12:30 watching all 4 installments. I tried to stitch, but I would find myself staring at the screen with my hands motionless. Wow. That's about all I can say. Wow. This is one that I definitely want to have in my DVD collection, and it's a book I can't wait to read. Rent it this weekend, you will not be disappointed.

No comments: