Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Vacation, Part 3

What you're looking at there is the remains of the fish Flower caught and ate. It was a rainbow trout. She said it was delish. I took her word for it. I don't eat things that live in water.
This is Rex. He speaks Canadian, so we had to add things like "eh" and "hoser" when we would talk to him so he would understand. We shared a condo with my sister and her little family. It was so fun. We spent most nights staying up late and chatting. I like my sister as a grown up. That is, as long as she didn't tattle!
Ah, ice skating. Again. Could there be anything more magical than ice skating outside in the summer? We have been to Sun Valley in the winter, and ice skating while snow gently falls is pretty magical as well, but a little colder. At one point on the rink, Flower turned to me and said, "Do you think I would do better as an Olympic skater or as a Broadway star?" Always thinking big, that Flower.
A few reunions ago, ducks were provided for all the kids to race in the streams that run through the resort. This may have been Patch's favorite activity. Even the big boy cousins got into it.
Finally, a look at Patch all worn out. Every day at about 5:30, he would start drooping and sagging. Then he would fall asleep wherever he was. Twice it was sitting eating dinner. It's definitely a sign of a day well spent.

4 comments:

Leslie said...

he looks like he is pretending to be asleep!!!

Karen said...

Sounds like you had a fantastic holiday. I would have loved the boat racing.

Anonymous said...

Love these pictures of our magical week together. And your commentary makes me giggle.

Emily Snow said...

OK...that pic with the bones of the fish...it's making me hurl!