Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Weight Loss Wednesday

I finally made it to my Weight Watchers meeting yesterday. It was nice to get out of the house for a bit. I also like that they are kid friendly. Patch and Mini-me played off to the side while Ginger slept in her car seat. Flower actually had school yesterday, mainly because there wasn't as much snow up in Hagerstown as here in Frederick. So, after 2 weeks of being snowed in, I am down a total of 6.8 pounds. May I just say, YAY FOR ME!! It is hard not to eat everything in the house when you are stuck inside it for two. whole. weeks.

Lest we think I am depriving myself, I am not. For example, I had a donut for breakfast this morning. It cost me 8 points out of my daily total. That's a lot of points to give up in the morning, so I know that my snacks will have to be curtailed this afternoon. It's why I like Weight Watchers. I can eat what I like. It's teaching me that if I eat a donut, that's okay. I just can't eat a donut for breakfast, a cheeseburger for lunch, a ginormous burrito for dinner, followed by ice cream for dessert. I also can't eat 2 donuts. Just one. My food choices need to balance each other out.

We are out of school yet again today. I am hopeful we will be back in tomorrow, but that all depends on the roads. There are lots of roads in the county that only have one lane passable. To open school, the roads need to have two lanes open. The road right in front of us is fine, but the two roads on either side are not. With so much snow, we cannot rely on the melting factor. So let's hope the plows can get out today and get these kids back in school!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's easy to lose your way during a snowstorm, but not your weight. Congratulations on not eating the house nor your children while you've been snowed in. You're an inspiration. I've had a good week, too, nudged along by the stomach flu--but I'll take success anyway it comes!

Leslie said...

that is amazing weight loss....great job. i can not imagine being snowed in for this long.

The Boys Mommy said...

That's great!