Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Green Eyed Monster

The green eyed monsters has reared its ugly head again, but this time striking a different member of the family. Let me explain. Last night, Curly and I had our last gig of the year for the Towne Singers. We were scheduled to sing as part of the Candlelit Houses of Worship tour. We were outside, and it was cold. Flower had been with her mom for the afternoon. She was going to be dropped off during our 30 minute break, and then her mom would leave. The time came for her to be dropped off and Curly invited the Ex (I really have no clever name for her other than Ex) to join us while we sat in a little cafe to warm up. Then he asked if she wanted to stay while we sang. I thought she would say no, but she said yes. So, while we sang, she entertained the kids. It was actually not as uncomfortable as I would have thought. Anyway, Mini-me was tired, hungry, and cold, and wanted a little extra attention. Ex put her on her lap and was really sweet with her. That's when the monster swooped in. Flower got angry. She said she wanted Mini-me to stop talking to her mom, and that she didn't want to share a room with her anymore. Yikes. Ex is pregnant again, and I think this jealousy has more to do with that than with Mini-me, but I could be wrong. By the end of dinner, the kids were friends again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sisters, sisters, there were never such devoted sisters...