Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Weight Loss Wednesday

I started off my 2011 weight loss with a bang. I am down 3.8 pounds. Nope, not a typo. Almost 4 pounds in a week! My total is now 33.6 pounds gone. I am almost to my halfway point. Hooray for me! Weight Watchers started a new program a few weeks ago. This past week was the first week I tried it. I would say it worked. The main difference between the old and new programs is that we no longer count calories. The points are now calculated with a formula that takes proteins, carbs, fiber, and fat into consideration. Some of the foods I love to eat have a higher value, and some are lower. It's a challenge to change my thinking, but WW has great tools (books, calculators, internet) that make it easier. I'm excited and re-motivated after that fantastic week!!

5 comments:

Lisa and Doug said...

Seeing a significant weight loss is so motivating! Way to start out the year of Jana!

Leslie said...

good to know it works since that is where the hubby and i are headed in a few weeks. congrats on you doing so well!!!

Anonymous said...

Yes, it does work. Nothing motivates as well as success. Congratulations.

Melonius said...

yeee-haw!

Rach said...

wow! congrats. i haven't lost my holiday poundage yet. you are way ahead of me, but my kids still haven't started school