Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Big Announcement

A few days ago, I found out I had been selected to be part of an elite task force:
Amanda, the brains and beauty behind The Quilted Fish, put out a call a little over a month ago for quilters and crafters who wanted to be part of a design team. I applied and was fairly certain those with bigger blogs and more internet presence would be chosen. I was beyond thrilled that I was selected to be a part of things! I am having a hard time controlling the exclamation points !!! because every time I think about it, I do an internal happy dance. Go here to meet the rest of the team. What it means for me is that Amanda will send me some of her darling fabric, and then I will turn it into something fabulous and you will ooh and ah. It's going to be really fun.

Yesterday I teased you with some cute pink and brown fabric. Here is what I did with it:
Isn't it cute? Some of you may have just said "What is it?" It's a knitting and crochet needle roll. I followed this tutorial, but made a few minor alterations. For example, I did not sew the outside of the flap. That way, the flap can go down further if the needles in the top position are shorter in length.
I used fabrics from Lakehouse Fabrics. I think it's so cute and I hope my friend who commissioned it finds it pretty and useful.
It looks like the snow is coming. They just announced that schools will be closing an hour early today. All I want is one snow day. I want to be able to hang out tomorrow with nowhere to go and nothing to do. Then, I want to get back to normal on Thursday. 2 inches of snow should be sufficient. Anything more than that is overkill.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

This is very cute! I like all the different fabrics you used. I am sure the commissioner will love it. :0)

Mama Pea said...

So glad to be part of the team with you! What an adorable knitting needle holder. Do you knit, too? I love to knit. Have since I was a kid. I used to make big projects, like sweaters. Now, I am addicted to socks!!!

Melonius said...

that is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! {hope that wasn't too many exclamation points for you.}

Anonymous said...

Will you make one of those for me? With one wider pocket for my circular needles? Thanking you in advance.

Lisa and Doug said...

CONGRATULATIONS! And that last project is sooooooooooooo cute! I love the fabrics!

Karen said...

Congratulations!!!! Looking forward to seeing your creations. Free fabric to play with...so very nice.