Monday, January 31, 2011

New Theme Song

My life needs a new theme song. I have decided that as I walk around my house, the song "Another One Bites The Dust" needs to blare from invisible speakers hidden in nooks and crannies. Patch has succumbed to the strep. He woke up last night at about 2 am. I found him on the floor of the bathroom, surrounded by throw up. I slept lightly for the rest of the night (if you can call it sleep) and then witnessed him throwing up 3 more times. He never quite figured out how to make it to the toilet. The little blessing here was that he did make it to the bathroom. Well, until about 8:00. Right when I needed to leave to take Mini-me to school, he threw up in the kitchen. Gross. Why is motherhood so gross? To bring this long and gross story to an end, he is now on antibiotics and I am home bound until Wednesday.

Would anyone like to take bets on who is next? My money is on Curly.

My fellow Creative Consultants have been busy. For some sneak peaks, go here, here, here, and here. I have mine started, but I keep getting interrupted. Between teething and puking, there hasn't been a lot of "me" time here. Pray for me ;)

9 comments:

Jewel said...

So, so. sorry about the sicky... strep is the worst. Mine isn't a sneak peek that is an extra project :)

Jackie said...

I hear you! I had my youngest home for 4 days with a fever, cough and cold...and in the midst of that, my oldest puked everywhere one morning at 6 am!
Hang in there...
and i don't have my tute written yet... just got the pics done for it and the finished project=) The hard work is still to come.

Mommarock said...

Oh bless you.. I just don't do puke.. that is when I had to call in DH to the rescue!

Mama Pea said...

Poor girl. I am so sorry. I have been fortunate in that the last time my daughter was throwing up sick, she was pretty little (like 1 year old) and I slept on the floor with her with a bowl. Funny thing is now she always asks for a bowl in her room when she has a tummy ache. She is pretty afraid of not being able to make it to the bathroom.

Brooke said...

Oh my and I am complaining about all the basketball I have had to deal with. Well the snow has arrived again today - oh my!! My project isn't anywhere near done, so don't despair!

Johanna said...

Oh, that doesn't sound very good (actually, "not at all" would be a better fit) but it will pass. I remember my Dad being so freaked out about my brothers puking that I had to clean up everything.
If I or anybody around me gets sick now I will always put a bowl next to the bad. Getting the bowl to the bathroom or getting clean sheets for the bed, that's just not the same :(
And don't worry on the project (I haven't even started yet...)

Leslie said...

oh man...sorry about the sick at your house. that is no fun

Anonymous said...

Always stiving to emulate Pollyana I say, 'at least now your bathroom floor is clean!'

Karen said...

Nice. Hope all is well now and no one else succumbed.