Friday, January 21, 2011

It's Friday!

I like to say things like: I literally died. It's hilarious to say things that make no sense whatsoever. I try to reserve it when telling a story that is full of hyperbole. You know, the kind where I am wronged and, according to the story, tell the person exactly what's on my mind. In real life, I rarely tell someone off. But in a Jana Story, it's a must. Most of my friends know fact from fiction. They also know that I am not literally dead.

I went to one of the quilt shops in the area. From now on, I'm going to refer to it as "The Quilt Shop Which Must Not Be Named" I went to find some grey fabric for Curly's neglected t-shirt quilt. They didn't have much in the way of fabric, grey or otherwise. I also got into a discussion with one of the workers about whether or not a certain fabric was modern or not. She insisted yes, while I insisted it looked like acid washed jeans. We agreed to disagree, and I left without anything. Sad, but true. At this rate, he's not going to get the quilt this year, either. I just can't find what I like locally!

I am looking forward to the weekend. We have nothing planned, and I like it that way. It's going to be cold here, so we're going to snuggle and stay inside. It's going to be nice.

6 comments:

Jewel said...

When I read this post I literally died! I have a quilt shop in my town that I call "That place that chall not be named" really... literally. ROFL!

Leslie said...

sounds like the kind of fabric store that is just not worth it

Brooke said...

Oh my!!! Hope the weekend is grand!

Johanna said...

Sometimes I wish I could not find anything I like in the fabric stores around here. Sadly, as often as I find fabric I absolutely want, I never find anything I need :D

sally said...

ahahahahahah!!! Love this post, Jana! and what is up with the LQS that they can't have "trendy" fabrics??? I begged my store to please order some off the cuff trendy fabrics and the girlie told me that their clientele wouldn't buy it if they did have it! I was like...uh,hello! i'm your clientele!!! Thank goodness for cool online stores!!! :) hugs! hope your weekend has been great!!

Mama Pea said...

Hope you had a great weekend and are feeling better about things. I am looking forward to that sort of weekend this weekend...after a really busy one this weekend!