Saturday, June 27, 2009

Perfect Shopping Trip

In the midst of some lovely morning sickness (that has lasted all day), I took the kids to the grocery store after lunch. Mini-me and Patch had been fighting most of the morning. I needed some relief, and leaving Mini-me in the in store babysitting seemed to fit the bill. Patch was chatting the whole way there. When I pulled into the parking spot, I turned around to see a sleeping Patch. Nothing could wake him. I carried him into the store, got a cart, checked Mini-me in at the Eagle's Nest, and then made my way to the back of the store to meet Curly. He handed me a fountain Coke (for my tummy), and I handed him a sleeping boy. He slept in Curly's arms for the entire length of my trip, waking up as I was checking out. While I'm sure it was less than ideal for Curly to have a slumbering toddler as he tried to work, it made my trip delightful. I only forgot one thing!

7 comments:

losing my needles said...

Was the one thing you forgot Patch?

jlk said...

No, that wouldn't be forgetting, that would be on purpose.

I forgot dishwasher soap. Ugh.

Lisa and Doug said...

They have babysitting at your grocery store???!!!

jlk said...

Giant Eagle is the perfect store -- babysitting is provided for ages 3-8

Melonius said...

I love sleeping children.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

How cute is that?? lolol that's funny.........did you forget Patch??

Emily Snow said...

Sounds like the perfect shopping trip! Sorry you've been sick!