Friday, December 07, 2012

Handmade Holidays

Here we are in the throws of another holiday season. Feeling merry? I hope so. I'm struggling a little, I'll be honest. I'm tired and a little stressed. Oh, and pregnant. Very pregnant. With raging hormones. Seriously, they rage. One minute I want to hug the world for happiness, the next I am in my closet in tears. The trigger? It could be anything. Once it was that I ran out of milk. Again. Today at the store I bought 3 gallons. Take that, hormones.

Raise of hands of those making a few holiday gifts. Come on, don't be shy. I love a well made and thought out handmade gift. And I love giving those gifts, too. This year I have some things up my sleeve that, if you were pregnant, would leave you weeping in the corner. For my girls' birthdays, I am making them doll houses. For Christmas, I am still narrowing things down. I think Patch will get a Mario pillow. I wish I had time for the whole quilt.

For those who need some ideas, Amanda put together an a-mah-zing e-zine, featuring her new line Flutter. Check it out here. My project is the ruffled apron. There's a link to the tutorial within the e-zine. Today she posted three more tutorials, found here.

By the end of the weekend I hope to have the stockings done and the house all decorated. That is if I'm not crying.

7 comments:

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

The photo of you looks great! I just got my hair cut and besides the fact that mine is wavy, it looks pretty similar!

The ruffled apron is pretty pretty and I like that Christmas tree runner too. Nice ezine!

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

Pregnancy can be rough! Hang in there.
I am making infinity scarves for the gals in my family and for my 2 boys' teachers. I had planned on bags too, but I think I am scrapping that. Simple is good. :)
I hope you will post the doll houses. :)
Take care and Merry Christmas!

Melinda said...

Ah pregnancy! What a funny time! I love that Mario block! I'm doing a Mater from Cars for my nephew right now and my son is a little jealous, so I'm trying to figure out a pillow to make for him too!

Jackie said...

As always you make me smile=) Miss you my Jana !

Thimbleanna said...

Hang in there -- there's a reward at the end of the proverbial tunnel LOL. Love that cute apron!

patty said...

Why don't you make yourself some hankies out of leftover quilting material. It is such cute fabric that it will cheer you up whenever you blow your nose. Try it?

Mama Pea said...

You totally crack me up. I just love the way you write.