Friday, November 09, 2012

My Curly

Curly is one helluva guy. And I'm not just saying that because periodically he checks my blog. Nope. Here's why he's awesome:

Last night he lit a fire in the fireplace and we settled in to watch some shows on the DVR. Grimm was on, and in one scene the character wakes up from a dream underneath a patchwork quilt. Curly says, "Wow. He has a nice quilt." I look at him, a little in shock. But, really, being around a quilter like he is he should be able to pick out the nice quilts from the Wal-Mart variety, right? Then, and here's the best part, he says, "Don't you have that fabric?" He was referring to a tiny square of purple fabric.

The fabric is from Kate Spain's Central Park line from a few years ago. And yes, yes I do have that fabric.

He's a keeper.

10 comments:

MaryBeth said...

I LOVE it!!!! Your Curly sounds like my DH!

Thimbleanna said...

Haha -- That's AWESOME!

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

What a sweetheart! How's Pittsburg/h? Not sure how to spell the end;)

patty said...

Next thing you know, he'll be cutting out fabric for you!

Unknown said...

THAT'S AWESOME!! I just love that so much. He truly is a keeper! :) :)

Mama Pea said...

That is pretty great. Sometimes they are paying attention and we don't even know it.

Deb said...

He is a keeper...I've always known it to be true! Ron Frankoff is still trying to figure out what a fat quarter is.

Jackie said...

awww...so are all 110 boxes now done,or were you sitting on them while watching tv? hahaha

Kate D. Spain said...

Hah! THIS IS GREAT! Thanks for sharing. And thanks for using some Central Park! Best to you and Curly! kate

Jackie said...

Wow, what a fantastic blog for Kate Spain to have left a comment=)