Friday, August 19, 2011

Good Things About Southern California

Last weekend we went to San Diego under the pretense of attending a wedding. In reality, we went for two things: spending time with my college roommie and going to the beach.

First, we stayed with the lovely Rachel and her family. We hadn't seen each other in about 12 years. "How is it possible we both still look like Freshman!" we cried. Curly got an eye-opening account of what his sweet, delicate wife was like in college. Apparently the impression I gave him that I just "studied all the time" was not entirely accurate. However, I still maintain my innocence in the Great Mooning of 1998.
The second reason we spent 2 days travelling for 2 days in San Diego was the beach. After the wedding, we had about 45 minutes before the reception started. So Curly and I hopped in our green Kia Soul and went to La Jolla cove. It was overcast, but oh so fun. In case you're wondering, only Curly went in.
On Monday morning, we gave ourselves ample time to get to the airport. Nearly 4 hours. We did this because our drive from LA to San Diego was 4 hours on the previous Friday. So when it only took us two hours to get to LA, what did we do with ourselves? We went to the beach. This time it was sunny and we were with Curly's siblings. The picture is of Curly and Ryan bodysurfing.
Ah, I love the beach and the beach loves me. I pretty much decided that we're moving to California. The beaches are awesome and the tacos are delicious. However, there is the pesky problem of not having a job or a place to live or a real reason to move other than I love the beach. And tacos. Oh, and Rachel.

4 comments:

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

In a previous life I was in the Navy and stationed on Coronado. It was a beautiful life...and now I live in California, Maryland, where it's just as wonderful:) Beautiful pics!

Karen said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time. Its nice to get to the beach occassionally isn't it.

Mama Pea said...

You are so adorable. I love San Diego. I went to a conference there a couple of years ago and decided I could definitely live there. My sister lives in Redondo Beach, and I could definitely live there. And historically, I've never thought I was the type of person who could put up with California. The beaches and warm weather could be pretty convincing, however...

Thimbleanna said...

You're too cute! I'm not sure about that mooning visual, but it sounds like you're having a fantastic trip!