Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Weight Loss Wednesday

I skipped my Weight Watchers meeting last week. With all the kids home for Spring Break, I didn't think it was a good idea to arrive at a meeting with 4 kids. I knew in my head that I wouldn't be weighing in, so I wasn't as careful as I needed to be. I went to the movies twice and ate movie theater popcorn. Twice. And I had cupcakes. It was all delicious. I'm not scared to face the scale tomorrow, because that number is as permanent or as temporary as I choose it to be. Trust me when I say: It's temporary.

I broke down and turned on the air conditioning today. The temperatures have been in the 80s, and our house just didn't cool down at night. When I woke up today, it was 79 in the house. Our Easter chocolate was starting to melt, and that would be a tragedy.

5 comments:

Kenna said...

Not sure if you have an android powered phone, but I learned this in our weekly meeting last night...there is an app in the app store called ww scan calc by VonHelmut Software that is ahhh-mazing. You use your phone's camera to scan a barcode on national brand products and it promptly gives you the points plus value. I have it. I love it. And everyone I've talked to that has it loves it!

HTH!
Kenna

Leslie said...

melted chocolate would be a tragedy...of course you had to turn on the AC. We have had it on for the last few days....mostly just to take the humidity out of the air.

Brooke said...

You crack me up!!! I love reading your posts!

Lisa and Doug said...

My furnace turns on every 15 minutes like clockwork...sure wish we could turn on some A/C. And theater popcorn and cupcakes are a must!

Mama Pea said...

My furnace keeps kicking on, too. Wish I could open the windows! Good luck with your weigh in. You have all the right attitudes!