Friday, July 02, 2010

A Recipe

I know, I know. Usually I do a "sew and tell" on Friday, and I hope to have it up by the end of the day. But I wanted to share this delish recipe that is so good you won't believe how easy it is. When I make this, I end up eating in the kitchen standing over the stove. I just can't wait that long to sit!

1-15 oz can of Black Beans, drained
1 t Ground Cumin
5 t Olive Oil (divided)
2 T Fresh Lime Juice
2 C Shredded Kohlrabi (approx 1 Bulb) or Coleslaw mix
2 Green Onions, thinly sliced
1/3 C chopped, frsh Cilantro
4 small White or Yellow Corn Tortillas
1/3 C crumbled St. Andre Cheese or Feta
Hot Sauce, if desired.

Put Black Beans and Cumin in a bowl, partially mash. Season to taste with S&P. Mix 2 t olive oil with lime juice in medium bowl. Add kohlrabi, green onions, & cilantro. Toss to coat. Season to taste with S&P.
Heat 1 T Olive Oil in a large nonstick or cast iron skillet on medium high. Add tortillas in a single layer, put bean mixture in center, cook one minute. Fold in half, cook one minute more, til golden brown. Fill with cheese and coleslaw mixture. Pass hot sauce along side. Don't eat your fingers.

No comments: