Friday, May 28, 2010

Sew and Tell

This week I did a few more Kindle/Nook covers, which are now listed in my etsy shop. They are really fun to make.


This next one is my favorite. The quilting is linear, since I had it in mind for maybe a male who would think diagonal quilting to be fruffy. The result is ruggedly handsome, much like my Curly.
Flower is officially a middle schooler. When I said: "You're in middle school now. How cool!" she looked at me with minimal expression and said: "I know, right?" Ah, the tween years; they're gonna be awesome!
Go check out Amy's blog for some more great ideas!

12 comments:

pinksuedeshoe said...

oh cute! I love the diagonal quilting, it looks so clean! Nice work.

Brooke said...

Those are darling! Do you make them ipad size too? My sister just bought one and that would make a really cute cover.

Paulette said...

These are so cool. What a great idea to make a more plain one, as well as the great patterns.

Leslie said...

i love your kindle cover. they look great. i think the masculine quilting is a great idea.

Sarah Craig said...

Those are great!! I really need to get one for mine - my old black one is so boring!!

Day before Michelle said...

Love those :)

Kristen said...

These are awesome. Now I really need to make one for my laptop! My dearest and littlest one took embroidery scissors, in about a 30 second moment, made scratches on my laptop. Dang kids are fast! OK, off I go to make a cover and hide all scissors!!

The Boys Mommy said...

I can't believe you haven't made a WW 3-month journal cover yet.

Dayna said...

These are really great. Do you know how an iPad compares in dimensions to the Kindle or Nook.

Kim D. said...

Very nice, love the fabrics you selected.

Lisa and Doug said...

Love the Kindle covers but I am laughing at the Flower comment: "I know, right?" Hilarious!

Diane said...

Those are great! Must put on the list for future gift ideas.