Friday, November 20, 2009

Hot Chocolate

We love hot chocolate at our house. And, because I like to cook, I make the mix myself. It is so fun and so easy and so tasty, too! Here is the recipe I use, courtesy of the Better Homes and Gardens plaid cookbook:
3 1/2 c nonfat dry milk powder
2 c sifted powdered sugar
1 c powdered nondairy creamer
1/2 c sifted unsweetened cocoa powder
  • In a bowl combine all ingredients. Store in an airtight container.
  • For each serving, place 1/3 cup of the mix in a mug and add 3/4 cup boiling water.

Now here is where you can have fun. Nondairy creamers come in all sorts of flavors. The mix pictured above is Pumpkin Spice Cocoa. I've also made Hazelnut, French Vanilla, and Caramel. When I bought the Pumpkin Spice creamer, they also had Gingerbread. Now that would be festive.

Wouldn't this make a great teacher or neighbor gift? Make up some delicious cocoa mix, make a cute bag to put it in, and then put it in a darling mug. How great is that?

Personally, I like to drink it from my favorite mug with some marshmallows on top. Yum.


4 comments:

Melonius said...

sign me up!

Anonymous said...

oh, yum.

Lisa and Doug said...

I love the cocoa presentation in a clear mug.

teamZ said...

That is a great idea for a teacher gift. Love the mug. I have the same one!