Saturday, February 21, 2009

Saturday, the Special Day

Today is going to be busy. Curly left for work before 7 am. Mini-me got up just after 7. I tried to get her to go back to bed, but she wouldn't. Then Patch woke up, destroying any hope I had of sleeping in. We just finished our breakfast of waffles (made in the coolest waffle maker ever that flips for even cooking), and the girls are playing together while Patch chases Gracie. Before they ran upstairs, Flower said to Mini-me, "Let's pretend we're sisters." Indeed.

There is a winter carnival at Mini-me's school today. We will make a brief cameo before heading to Rowan's birthday party. Somewhere in all the fun, we need to do some grocery shopping. We are out of Diet Coke and need a few other necessities.

I am hoping to get some studio time in today. I have an order to finish up for a friend who just had a baby. The baby was early, and is therefore bumper-less and in desperate need of a crib skirt. I also need to make some headway on Patch's new quilt. We are hoping to move him into a big-boy-bed sometime in the next month.

Well, there is now a narrow window in which I can take a shower. Until next time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who could sleep in when she's got a Winter Carnival to get to?