Tuesday, August 05, 2008

It's the Queen


It was fun to be the Queen. I'm glad I got rid of Debbie I'm sorry Debbie's dad got sick, because she was a good queen. I had a great time, and I hope I did the part justice. If not, the costumes were still pretty awesome. Never mind that mine weighed at least 10 pounds and was made of draperies, it was still pretty sweet.

This is me and Garrett Smith, who played Prince Dauntless, the Drab. I had a long "mamalogue" in which I lamented that fact that I wasn't 20 years younger. Then I looked at him and he looked at the audience and people laughed. And clapped.


Part of my job as Queen was to order people around. It was fun, especially when it came to Flower and Curly. I never order them around at home. This is called "acting."

And finally, we have the royal family. I'm on the left. Then there's Prince Dauntless, the Drab (Garrett Smith), Princess Winnifred, the Woebegone (Apple Reese), and King Sextimus (Michael Pellegrino). King Sextimus couldn't talk until the mouse devoured the hawk. I don't want to give away the show, but I was pretty speechless at the end.

4 comments:

Linz said...

Fun to see pics! Great costume!

Lisa and Doug said...

Wow. it's really fun to see all these pictures. Your dress is amazing!

Anonymous said...

It was a fabulous show, and you were the hit of it all.

susies6 said...

You did an amazing job--Haley and I loved your acting--very much the part-you did a great job portraying to us in the audience your entire character!!! Congrats!!!