Thursday, October 11, 2007

Pretty

At my quilting group this week, I started on my "Turning Twenty...Again!" quilt. No, it has nothing to do with my denial that I am 30. I wish. It's a pattern that takes 20 fat quarters of fabric and makes a quilt out of them. I got some great fabric from the store I love in Hagerstown. If anyone wants to take a trip out there with me, let me know. We can hit them and then the ribbon store, and maybe the Ann Taylor outlet. I digress...



Here are my two favorite fabrics out of the 20:





I wish the picture had been clearer. Our good digital camera was dropped (I don't like to place blame), and our okay camera has only 4 megapixels. It's stoneage. The ones out now have 10 megapixels for less than this one.


Anyway, it's a very random quilt, and I hope the ending effect is as cool as I hope it will be. Right now, I have 20 blocks that are 16 1/2" square. It's going to be a big quilt. I like big quilts. You can share a big quilt. I hope to finish the top tonight after the kids go to bed, but that's only if I can get it done before The Office at 9.


The other fun thing from this week was this great cake I made for Curly's meeting.


Again, blurry. It's a chocolate pumpkin cake with a cinnamon cream cheese whipped cream frosting and chocolate glaze. The pumpkin makes it good for you, because pumpkin is a "super food." It was a hit at the meeting and will probably be served at our Spooktacular Halloween Party. People are dying for an invitation. Missing it would be scary. Only the bootiful people will be there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

jlk--first of all, great, thanks for enlightening me that my camera is stoneage, now I have to add it to the list of things that I need to get. So, 10 migepixels is what I should look for now?

Secondly, I would love to accompany you to the quilt store, ribbon store and Ann Taylor Loft. By then, it will just be Toby and Patch with us during the day but who knows, you might have another k baby! I know I won't!

Your cake looks yummy, have a fun Halloween party!