Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Weight Loss Wednesday

Oh me, oh my. I have had a hard time getting back into the weight loss swing of things lately. Anyone else with me? Part of the problem stems from the fact that I love ice cream. One of the things I often ask my kids when they are naughty and trying to blame it on anything else is: Who is in control of your body? And that's the question I've been asking myself lately. Who is in control of what I eat? I am in control. Easier said than done, though. Especially when the plate of sweet potato fries is staring you in the face.

Fall is in the forecast for this week. I am so excited. Soon it will be time to turn off the AC, open the windows, and let the fall air fill the house. It's also perfect quilting weather. I have two quilts that are almost finished that I cannot wait to show you. I have also started sewing for upcoming craft shows. It's the most wonderful time of year for me!

5 comments:

Deb said...

I'm with you, JLK.. I LOVE fall! Up here in Western PA our a/c is off and the windows are open! Can't wait to see those quilts!

Caren said...

I agree, I love fall, too! Just got to get into the swing of self-control before those holidays come, though. That's the hardest part of my year...cup of tea and a Christmas cookie, anyone?!!

Kaisievic said...

Oh, I know what you mean - losing weight is one of the hardest things to do in this world. I am with you in spirit - good luck and hang in there.
Hugs Kaye xoxox

thea said...

I love ice cream too. I try and remind myself that I can have more some time .. it's not the last ice cream I'm ever going to eat .. sometimes that helps. Does remembering who is in control of your body help. Sweet potato fries are healthy right?

Can't wait to see the quilts!

patty said...

IF there had been ice cream in the house last night I would have eaten the whole thing.