Thursday, September 15, 2011

I Can Read Now



Yesterday, Patch came home from school with the best news ever. He said, "I can read now." And he did. He read a book entitled Go, Go, Go. I was amazed. Not only could he read, but he could read without looking at the pages. I mean, have you ever seen a Kindergartner with such skill? Today when he got home, however, was a different story. He was a sad Patch as he announced, "I can't read anymore." Oh such triumphs and failures felt at age 5! His teacher, who is awesome, called today to give me a progress report. All I've ever wanted for my kids is for them to be popular. Well, according to his teacher, not only is he popular, but he is also excelling in certain areas. Which one? Line leadership. Yep, Patch is the best dang line leader in his class. I am so proud. Kindergarten rocks.

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Mine also had the talent of being able to read without looking at the pages at that age. He is a few years old now and can read for real. So Patch, don't worry you will be able to read soon. In the mean time - concentrate on being the best line leader in your school. Leadership skills are important too.

patty said...

Patch is the man.

Caren said...

Sweet! Mine came home from kindergarten counting backwards from 10 to 0. Now he grabs his little sister, sits her on his lap and they count down to a rocket ride (whether she likes it or not!!!) Kids - Gotta love 'em!

Karen said...

Go Patch! The most coveted job in my son's kindy class is taking things to the office staff.