Monday, September 26, 2011

Monday, Monday

I uploaded some pictures from my camera and found this gem from the county fair last week:
I don't like rides anymore. It's how I know I'm old. We were inside the belly of a dragon. Mini-me thought it was fun to spin said dragon as fast as it would go. I thought it was nauseating.

This weekend I got to cut into my Ruby:
I love pretty stacks of cut fabric! In case you're wondering, I ordered my fabric from Thimbleanna, and it came wrapped with pretty twine. I'm making this quilt with it. It requires 2 charm packs and a yard of background. I think I may add a border, but I'm not sure yet. Maybe once the top is all pieced, we can decide together.

I have a grouchy Ginger at home today. She has a runny nose, so perhaps she's grouchy because she doesn't feel well. Yesterday she was very grouchy at church. She's just a little grouch. People tell me it's because of her hair, but I'm pretty sure she'd act the same as a brunette. Mini-me was also a grouch at this stage. I don't know where they get it from, since I am a delight.

9 comments:

Brooke said...

Ohhh you cut into Ruby!!!!
Good luck with the grouch - I have one at my house too right now - lovely, just lovely!!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Well your face tells MY story when asked to "Come on Mom let's ride the tilt-o-whirl!!!" To me its more like the "tilt-o-hurl". :)

patty said...

which pattern will yours be?

jlk said...

I'm going to do X's. I really like the secondary patterns it creates.

Thimbleanna said...

Hahaha -- you ARE a delight! You're pretty darn funny too. Thanks for the shout out. I can't wait to see your quilt -- that pattern will be perfect for Ruby!

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

That's a priceless photo!

I can't wait to see the quilt top. I checked it out on MBS and it looks very pretty! Usually I am in favor of a border to make a smaller quilt bigger.

Kathy said...

Cute! despite looking like you'd rather be anywhere else, you look GREAT!! :o) Way to go! Its been forever plus 3 days since I've visited the blogosphere, so I'm catching up...

Kathy said...

BTW, i LOOOOOOVE me some Moda! but then, who doesn't?!

MBusse said...

I've gotten nauseous on spinny things since I was four years old. You're a braver woman than I.