Thursday, September 22, 2011

Ugh

We have been through a hurricane (sort of) and a tropical storm (a little bit) in the past month. We have had more rain than you can shake a stick at. Apparently it's a very large rain stick we're shaking. Through all of this, our basement has come through with flying colors. I know, because I've been down there. My sewing area is in the basement, as is my laundry area. I have been prepping for fall craft shows, so I have logged a lot of subterranean hours. But last night, as the heavens opened yet again, our basement decided to leak in no less than 5 places. Little streams crisscrossed  all over the floor. We moved everything of value to higher ground, which took less than 3 minutes as the last 2 floods have cleared out most everything down there.

Last night I felt despondent, but today has dawned with a new sense of purpose: I must find a place to sew. But where? I don't want to take over my dining room, and the bedroom is out of the question. Maybe there is space for me in the attic? Or maybe it won't take long to fix the leaks. Who knows. What is apparent is that I haven't learned my water lesson yet. Hopefully I can learn it this time.

6 comments:

Brooke said...

oh dear, oh dear :(

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

That stinks! Good luck with finding your happy space!

Jackie said...

Oh Jana, do you think it is a sign that you need to move to the dessert? Or to Canada=)

Lynn said...

Ugh is right! Maybe you should store your stash in a canoe. That way everything will float and hopefully stay dry.

Thimbleanna said...

Oh man -- I feel your pain! We're having the same problem and we're having a problem finding the source. It just takes one little avenue for the water to get in and the floodgates open. Good Luck!

Unknown said...

Oh man, that's the pits. I hope you dry out some soon. :)

God bless and keep you,
Sonia