Saturday, September 10, 2011

Baby Shower Gift

I know a lot of people having babies right now. And, for most of them, it's their third or higher baby. By the third baby, all your stuff is gross and you need new. Lately my "go-to" gift has been a Daddy Diaper Tote. Basically it's a diaper caddy where you can put diapers, wipes, and a change of clothes. When it's time to change baby, you just hand it to Daddy and he takes care of it. It's also great for someone like me, who changes bags with astonishing frequency. I just grab it and put it in my new bag and I have everything I need.

For a shower gift, I make a Daddy Diaper Tote and gift it with travel wipes, diaper cream, and antibacterial hand gel. Useful, practical, and pretty. I made this one out of the new DS Quilts fabric found at Joanns:
 Here's the inside:
 I love this particular print a lot. I think I need to go back and get 5 yards to make a dress for Ginger and a skirt for Mini-me.

And here's one that I did a couple of weeks ago, also out DS Quilts fabric:
Love love love DS Quilts fabric. Hate hate hate that it's at Joanns. I like to shop at and support local businesses, not big chains. My way to "stick it to them" is to use as many coupons as possible. Take that, big box store.

I have another baby shower in 2 weeks. I wonder what fabric I'll use.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

What a nice gift! I let my husband pick out the diaper bag and told him to get something he didn't mind carrying. He picked a blue backpack style diaper bag from Eddie Bauer or LL Bean or some store similar to those.

Caren said...

Great idea! I've passed this on to a few mommies-to-be. I would love to make a few of these, but I fear that by the time I get around to finishing them, those poor babies will be finishing college!!! So many projects, so little time!!! :)