Thursday, September 06, 2007

Double Play

I think I may have said I few times that I enjoy cross stitching. And, if I haven't, let me say that I enjoy cross stitching. I also enjoy a good baseball game. Combine the two, and you have a phenomenon known as "Stitch 'N Pitch." The website has a list of teams that hosted the event, with 3 games still to come. Unfortunately, none are near me. Curly read me an article yesterday about a recent event. Apparently you get to sit in a "special" section that is full of stitchers. I doubt they sell many hot dogs in that section.

On my stitching front, I am still plugging away at Esmeralda's House. My new goal is to have it done by the end of the month so it can be framed by Halloween. Last night I finished the top of my Olivia quilt. It is so cute. A little busy, but cute. My favorite part is the border, which is made of strips that show Olivia exercising with the words "Exercising is good. Accessorizing is better."

The county fair starts next week, and for the first time in 3 years I have no cross stitch to enter. I am very sad about that. I have finished a couple of pieces, but have not been able to get them framed. One is a very cute Thanksgiving circle. I want to have that made into a tray. I may enter the baked goods competition. Last year my 5 Flavor Cake did not do so well. I'm hoping for a better showing this year in the cake category.

No comments: