Tuesday, April 17, 2007

We Came, We Saw, We Bought

Our NYC trip was a raging success. We left Friday morning at about 10:30 and arrived in the city around 3. On the way up, we all discussed our weight loss goals, and I thought this would be a dessert-free weekend. Then the chocolate came out. That's when I realized that chocolate would not be sacrificed in the name of weight loss.

We went to the Manhattan Temple on Friday night. It was beautiful. The detail work is just breathtaking. My favorite part are the door handles, which are flames, just like the Statue of Liberty. On the way back to the hotel, we picked up cheesecake. Yum.

Saturday morning, we headed out to Queens to visit my cousin. She made us a delicious brunch. Her youngest was sick, so we didn't get to see her, or Jason, but we did run into them on they way out. After filling up on pancakes on eggs, we went to Canal Street, land of knock-offs and hot items. In order to not incriminate myself, I may or may not have bought a Coach bag that may or may not be real. In any case, it was cheaper than the bag I saw at Target that I liked.

In a NYC first for me, I stood in line at TKTS for discount tickets. I really wanted to see The Drowsy Chaperone, but I did have a list of backups in case that didn't work out. We were in line with a woman and her husband from Cleveland who were Jewish and rich and wanted us to know that. He was a buyer for Saks, who apparently was very famous. She kept telling him to go in and "just tell them who you are." Then she said she doesn't go to parties at her friends homes because of who her husband is, because it wouldn't be fair to her friends. We had no idea what that meant, but she said it so we would be impressed, so we acted impressed. Maren, Rebeccah, and I were able to get in to see Chaperone, while Judith and Lenore went to the opera. I couldn't have been happier with Chaperone. It was everything I hoped for and more. I don't know if the other two liked it as well, but I was happy.

Sunday a Nor'Easter settled in and we went home. I was very tired, but my family was happy to have me home. Hopefully they'll let me go again.


grandpatty said...

Sounds like a fun weekend; I'm glad you could go.

Aaron & Debbie said...

i am glad i get to read what my sister is doing on someone elses blog:-) it sounds like you guys had a great time!