Tuesday, December 26, 2006

The Next Day...

I took a trip to the "Elf Repair Shop" this morning. It seems the much anticipated Backyardigans radio didn't function to its full capacity. Two buttons were broken. It got very annoying to hear Pablo, Natasha, and Uniqua sing their songs over and over and over again. "I'm a soccer monster and I love a soccer ball. I would rather play soccer than do anything at all. SOCCER! 1, 2, 3, 4 SOCCER! Pass, shoot, score!" The Christmas miracle of today was that I found the reciept I thought I had lost. I got to the first "repair shop," turned in the broken radio, went to the toy section to get the replacement, and they were out. Completely. Not a radio to be found. Panic set in. This was the only thing Mini-me had asked every Santa she saw for. On a wing and a prayer (is that the right cliche here?) I got in the car and drove to another large discount store, hoping they would have it in stock and that it would be functioning. The next Christmas miracle was that they had 3, and it was 2 cents cheaper than at the other place. So, I saved money as well.

I got home, the kids were none the wiser when I told them I had fixed the radio. They still only pushed "SOCCER! 1,2,3,4 SOCCER!" but at least I know the other buttons work. Then Mini-me pooped her pants. Oh well.

No comments: