Saturday, December 02, 2006

Dear Santa,

I have been a very good girl this year. I have changed countless poopy diapers, cleaned up after sick kids, made more meals than you could shake a stick at, and tried to do it all with a smile on my face. My Christmas list is not long. I would like a roasting pan for my Sunday dinners, an immersion blender, a waffle iron that you can flip so that all the nooks and cranies get filled, a few new cookbooks, peace on earth, tens and twenties. Not much. Oh, I also want my kids to feel the magic of Christmas, especially Flower, who may not believe anymore. I want them to remember Jesus amidst all the wrapping paper and toys. I want them to learn all the words to our favorite Christmas songs and sing them loud for all to hear. That is, after all, the best way to spread holiday cheer. And, most of all, I want to remember that there's room for everyone on the nice list, even the guy who cut me off and took my parking spot on a cold and windy day when I have my kids with me. That's all.

Sincerely,
Jana

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's really quite a selfless list as you will use the cooking tools to make even more meals for your lucky family.