Saturday, June 09, 2007

Joovy!

My orange Joovy arrived yesterday. I thought it would take longer, but UPS ground is actually quite speedy. I put it together in the 95+ degree heat we were having yesterday, and this morning, we took it out for a walk. First, let me just say that I am not a wimpy gall. I may look out of shape and flabby, but I do try to lift weights on a regular basis. When I can't, I do bicept curls with Patch. Pushing 50 pounds of kids, however, is a whole different animal. The sidewalk dips in places where there are driveways, so my arms got an extra workout today trying to keep the stroller from rolling down the decline. Mini-me loved being able to ride, and she talked with me for the whole hour we were out. The only silly thing was that I forgot my camera. I'll take a picture of them in it later today and post it tomorrow. It's really pretty cool.

I got the top of the quilt finished yesterday. It is very cute. Curly thinks it looks like an old lady quilt, so hopefully some old lady will bid on it. I told Curly he could bid on it, but I would prefer it if someone else won it.

As for my cross stitch, well, it's been put on the backburner for awhile. Burp cloths and quilts have kind of taken over. I hope to get back on it soon. I have missed going to my stitching group. At this rate, I wonder if I can even finish the piece in time for the county fair! That would be a tragedy indeed.

5 comments:

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Isn't it funny how our crafty interests fluctuate? I flit from cross-stitching (my first love), to crochet, to scrapbooking, etc...

Anonymous said...

Somebody alert Helga -- she's got a chance in the county fair again!

Fly Girl said...

Aunt Beanie and the Chicago Kigins want to know what a Joovy is... :)

Anonymous said...

Can we see a picture with all three kids onboard the new ride?

Anonymous said...

For those who don't know what a Joovy is, check out http://www.joovy.com/pages/pd_caboose.php

It sure looks like a fun ride, and much more comfortable than when I had three or four kids squashed into a baby carriage at Disney World!