Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Retreat!

A couple of years ago, my mom and I went on a cross stitch retreat. It was so much fun. We went to Vermont, which must be beautiful this time of year, all that snow, and stayed in the Woodstock Inn. We were joined by stitchers all over the country. Of the classes that were offered, we took two from JBW Designs (the designer, Judy, was featured in this months Just Cross Stitch magazine) and one from The Heart's Content. Judy and Maureen were both lovely women. Over 2 full days, we took 3 classes, shopped at the retreat store, listened to some beautiful mountain dulcimer music, and ate ourselves silly. We learned new stitches, and new ways to do our old stitches. And, as an added bonus, if you look at the pictures, you can clearly see that we are the thinnest (and cutest) women at the retreat :) We wanted to attend last year, but it didn't work out. I am dying to go this year, the 10th anniversary year, but I have a baby. How about next year? It won't be as big as the 10th anniversary year, but it will be as fun as 2005. Would anyone like to join me? How 'bout it, Mom?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think we only look small because our purses were so huge! Yea -- I'll go again.

Anonymous said...

I loved searching the workshop photos playing "Where's Jana? Where's Patty?" What fun. And when you go next time, if we're not off on a mission somewhere, Grandma and Grandpa will be ready to be your in-home babysitters.
We love displaying the Christmas cross-stitch that you gave us a few years ago. It used to stay by the front door ALL YEAR, but now we bring it out only from Nov. to Jan, and "show off" your fair prize-winning project the rest of the year! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Oops... I pushed the wrong key! WHEN will I ever learn all this techy stuff?
That "Anne o' Mouse" really is Grandma/Judy, the "computer-challenged grandma" of your kids.
It even takes multiple tries to pass the "word verification" field!?!