Saturday, January 06, 2007

Book Group

Last night was my book group night. It was my turn to host (love getting it done early in the year) and I served my chocolate fountain with delicious treats to dip in it. We had pretzels, peanut butter balls, shortbread cookies, bananas, and cheesecake. It was delicious. Our January book was Gift from the Sea by Anne Morrow Lindburgh. It was quite good. She had a lot to say about life and a womans role. Considering it was written in 1955, it was quite relevant to now.

After book group was over, a few of us started to discuss a future NYC trip. Look out! We're coming in April! My job is to choose the show. I think I'm going to pick The Drowsy Chaperone. A couple of ladies want to see Wicked, but since I've already seen it, I may break off from the main group and see a different show. Usually we stay in New Jersey and take the ferry over when we go, but this time we have a hotel connection and will stay in the Marquis. How fun! This time is also a bit different, because we'll be starting the trip a bit more spiritual. We've decided to do a Friday night session in the Manhattan Temple. We'll have to make reservations before we get there. How great is that? I love my friends. When the temple was brought up, no one scoffed, no one said "Ugh. Do we have to do the churchy thing?" They are such wonderful women and I hope I am gleaming their good qualities from them.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

i was just talking to becky about me coming to nyc. i want do join your girls trip:)

Anonymous said...

Maybe I could babysit for you.

Anonymous said...

umm will I be invited?