Friday, November 03, 2006

Early Fridays

On Fridays, I wake up early and bake for the seminary kids. Sometimes I do cinnamon rolls, sometimes it's muffins. Today, it was Lion House pumpkin bread that I did in muffin size. I even added mini chocolate chips, to give it that "something special." I used to go back to bed after the baking was done, but now we have Lily overnight with us on Thursday nights. If I went back to sleep, she wouldn't get up for school. So now I stay up and take some extra time to work on my projects. The stockings are done, so all that is left is to sew up the ones I made for Mini-me and Patch. Poor Mini-me has had a unsewn stocking for the past few years. I cannot believe this is Christmas #4 for her!

My best friend, Rebeccah, and I are training for a 5K. The race takes place Thanksgiving morning around Baker Park. We ran the course last night. I thought my lungs would explode. I had horrible flashbacks to playing soccer at Flint Hill and being the slowest runner, which resulted in my being stuck in the goal. I was also a horrible goalie, so I got stuck on the bench. I don't think I have run any significant distance since that time. We did the course in under 40 minutes, which I think is pretty good. I am in pain this morning, which is also pretty good. Gotta wake those muscles up!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You & Rebeccah have way too much ambition! But, I guess the carb-filled 4000 calorie Thanksgiving dinner will be even more enjoyable after running in that race! More power to you both! Good luck with that! :)

jean13i said...

Ah, that burning lung sensation. I know it well and that's the reason I retired from church basketball.

Anonymous said...

I have nothing of the Wow factor to share. Wish I even had desire to train!! Good luck. I will think about you both as I am curled up with a warm blanket and a turkey leg.

Debbie said...

i am so excited that you are going to run in a race with my sister. i think that would be so much fun! i wish i could join you guys.

i promise i will email you back, sorry.