It's my birthday today. I feel old. Before Patch's birthday, he and I were having as sweet little moment snuggling in bed. I reached out and touched his little cheek and said, "Oh, bud, I can't believe you're going to be 5!" He smiled, put his hand on my face and said, "And I can't believe you'll be 34." That makes two of us.
If I were to blow out candles on a cake this year, this is what I would wish for:
- That I reach my goal weight at 34. There is nothing worse than being 35 and overweight.
- That I can learn to be organized.
- That I finish all my quilt UFOs. Thanks to the floods of '11, I only have 3.
- That my kids continue to grow and learn. Well, except Ginger. She can stay this size.
- That I can care less what people say about me, and care more what I say about them.
- That I feel as content with my life a year from now as I do today.
I have big plans today. I have a quilt to finish binding and some shows that need watching. Curly has to work, which is no fun for anyone, so my dinner plans are to be the cool mom and get Happy Meals for the kids and Chipotle for me. I didn't bake a cake. We had some last week and Lieutenant Boo is getting married on Saturday, so more cake there. Remember wish one? It doesn't happen if you eat cake every day. Not that I would turn down a cupcake if someone brought one. You know, if someone were to feel so inclined.