Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Weight Loss Wednesday

Last week I lost a little over a pound. I am a little over 2 pounds away from losing 50 pounds. As I watched The Biggest Loser from last night, I got weepy as they carried their weight on their backs, shedding the amount they lost each week as they went. It made me want to load up a backpack with 50 pounds worth of stuff and walk around the block. I looked in the mirror today and loved what I saw. I feel more confident about myself, and I have tons more energy. To misquote the elephants in Dumbo: Let us take a solemn vow. I am no longer an elephant.


4 comments:

Mama Pea said...

YOU ARE A ROCK STAR!!! That is so amazing! I am so happy for you and proud of you. I know how hard it is. I cannot WAIT until I get where you are at! :-) (I'll still have 9 pounds to go then, but I'll be so close and so happy!) You are the one who spurred me on to get going, with all your success and blogging about it. I thank you!

patty said...

You are no longer an elephant and you never will be again. I think The Biggest Loser is the most inspiring show on t.v. (besides General Conference...(

Jackie said...

You better be proud,, that is simply simply amazing!

Lisa and Doug said...

Such a great accomplishment! Congratulations! You are an inspiration. Don't you love the two sisters in the finals of Biggest Loser!