Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Weight Loss Wednesday

It's been a couple of weeks since I had a Weight Loss Wednesday post. It was also a couple of weeks between weigh ins. There are several reasons for this, but sometimes when I give reasons, it sounds like excuses. So let's just leave it for now. I am down a grand total of 31.8 pounds. So close to 32! My goal is to be down 40 by Christmas. I am taking it one day at a time. I have been getting slightly overwhelmed lately, so a small goal each day is what is going to get me through this.

I have been thinking a lot about my motivation lately. When I was 16, I was heavy. Not Biggest Loser heavy, but I was overweight. I was also unhappy. I had one day that was my turning point. I will never forget it. While at school, I thought this one guy in my class was really cute. I was talking to him about something and I noticed that he wasn't looking at me. He was looking at someone thin and pretty. It broke my heart. Later at home, I went into my mom's room, laid on her bed, and cried. The gist of what I said was "I am so fat. I am so unhappy." My mom has never met a problem she couldn't solve. She looked at me and said, "Okay, let's fix this." We called Jenny Craig and I went that Friday, September 24. It was the first place I ever drove by myself. My junior year, I lost about 50 pounds. Being thin didn't solve all my problems, but I felt like I could conquer the world. I am convinced that nothing in this world feels better than when you look your best. It also feels really good to be on the way there.

Today's Gratitude: McDonald's Happy Meals are $1 tonight and I don't have to fix dinner. That is welcome news on a Wednesday.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

congrats...being almost to the goal is so exciting. i understand the feelings...i struggled with being overweight as a kid and teenager...i had a few years in my twenties that i refer to as my peak of freshness!!! but since then the struggle has been on...having babies and all. i hope i can get it together again once i have this one.

Anonymous said...

I'm not all that smart. You were ready to do something and so you did something. I was proud of you then, and proud of you now. But weren't those boys so shallow who were interested in you because your packaging had improved? That was lame.