Thursday, October 28, 2010

A Thursday Kind of Day

While Patch is at school, I try to get as much done as possible. Sometimes that is eat breakfast and take a shower. Sometimes it's much more. Usually Ginger goes down for a nap. But sometimes, like today, she cries like the saddest baby in the world and refuses to sleep. I am giving her 10 more minutes. I'll go get her if she's still crying. Am I the meanest Mommy in the world because I can listen to my kids cry? Probably. I just know how tired she is, and that she needs to sleep. Eventually, she'll stop and do that. Sometimes the crying just breaks my heart and I have to give in.

My schedule has been off the past two weeks. Flower's grandparents are in town from California, so she has stayed at her mom's house this whole time. It's hard to know what day it is when we don't drive out to get her, or drive her to school the following morning. The routine starts back up again this weekend, and we'll all be glad for it.

10 minutes is too long -- I am going to go rescue her now.
Go check out The Molly Patch blog for today's product spotlight!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darling purse!

Karen said...

To give into the crying or not? Yep been there. I remember thinking the exact same things as you. Sometimes I caved and other times I didn't. The bag is lovely. I hope you do well.

Leslie said...

crying is so hard!!!

Lisa and Doug said...

You are a great mom! BTW, I love your house! The pics on the front porch are always so cute.

Linz said...

If you're mean, than I am super mean! I support you in letting her cry. I love that pic of Patch. He can really stretch!

Fresh Poppy Design said...

Such a cute blog! Thanks for stopping by and your sweet comments on my quilt!