Friday, May 07, 2010

Sew and Tell

I have things to show this week! I have been very busy in the sewing room. I had to break my rule of not sewing after 10:30 pm so that I could get things done by Flower's birthday. And, in case you're wondering, I don't sew after 10:30 because I end up spending more time unpicking what I just put in that it's not worth it.

First up, we have Flower's new quilt for her bed. Her bedroom is up in our attic, and we've had just a plain white coverlet from Target on her bed. I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but this is a kid that loves color. So, I made this for her. It's an Atkinson Design pattern called Cheese and Crackers.
Next, I did some curtains for her. All I did was take some old curtains that had been sitting in a box for over 6 years, cut off the bottom, and sewed some coordinating fabric along the bottom. Easy peasy.
Finally, we have one of the favorite gifts of the day. Both Mini-me and Flower love American Girl dolls. We gave Flower a bunk bed (found on etsy), and I made two little coordinating doll quilts. They were supposed to be mini versions of her big quilt, but I messed up. I'm not so good without a pattern. But, I salvaged them and I think they look really cute. Flower loved them.

I also finished this shirt for Mini-me. You can find the pattern here. I also have the matching doll pattern cut out and ready to sew. I just need more hours in the day! She wore this to school today, and had many compliments as we dropped her off.
Well, that's it for me! Go check out Amy's blog for more cool finishes.



14 comments:

Dayna said...

I love all of your projects! And your girls are so cute!

Leslie said...

this has been a awesome week of finishes for you... great job. i love the quilt. what fabric is that? she looks so happy with her new doll bed and quilts. good job mom!!! i love the little shirt you made...so cool. i bet the doll one is going to be great.

Lauren said...

great finishes this week. Love the doll quilts. I should have a no sewing after 10:30 rule, but it should be more like 9:30 for me.

Michelle said...

Ahhh, Flower is a girl after my own heart--I love all the colors in her new quilt. Beautiful! The coordinating curtains are wonderful, and the doll quilts adorable.

Awesome dress too. That's a lot of great finishes for one week!

Lisa and Doug said...

Everything is excellent.

VH said...

Amazing. So talented.

Sarah Craig said...

You have been busy!! Love the fabric in the quilt, plus all the pics of your little girls are so cute!

Catherine said...

Wow you hve been busy! Love the colourful quilt for your daughter and the matching dolls quilts. Great idea!

Carla said...

Staying up past 10:30 was all well worth it because your daughter's room looks great! You are a great mom.

Happy Mother's Day!!

Karen said...

Holey Moley you have been busy!!!! Love the quilts (big and small). She sure looks one happy birthday girl. Love those smiles which are from pure joy. And you make clothes, great clothes (very envious). Mini Me's top is simply lovely. My son loves colour. All his pictures always have so many colurs in them, except pink. Isn't it great when kids love colour.

Anonymous said...

I'm speechless at all those things you made...just beautiful.

QuiltyBee said...

Awesome! Your girls will treasure all these things.

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

Cute, cute finishes! And your girls are adorable:)

Darla said...

Wow! What an amazing amount of sewing you've done! I love the bed quilt, and the doll quilts are so cute!