Sunday, January 11, 2009

No Way!

At church this morning, Patch was on one. Everything was met with a loud "No way!" I would show him a picture of Jesus, he would shout: No way! I would ask him to whisper, he would yell: No way! It was a shot heard loud and clear all around the chapel. I was very much looking forward to putting him in nursery for the rest of the time.

I also had to teach Relief Society this morning. I felt really good about it. I felt like we had a good discussion going. I felt less nervous. Then, I heard it. It was in the hall. Like the tell-tale heart, or Poe's Raven, it's message was unmistakable: NO WAY! Patch had a rough time in nursery. The well meaning leader (whose first time as leader was today), thought Patch might do better if he could just see mommy. As soon as he walked into the room, he pointed, his face crumpled, and he let out a cry: There she is! I spent the last 12 minutes expounding the mysteries of the kingdom with Patch on my hip.

Keep calm, and carry on.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good thing you've got that mantra going for you. I'm sure your lesson was really good today, and Patch made a fine visual aide.

Anonymous said...

I was there in the hall when it began. I told them you were teaching (which means, don't go in there!) I know that Danielle had him for a while trying to help too. Sorry ...

Rebeccah

Lisa and Doug said...

Well all I've got to say is: "NO WAY!"

Emily Snow said...

Good job, Jana!