Jean will be coming up next week to do some Frederick shopping. There have been recent articles in The Washington Post about our fabulous boutiques and restaurants, and the M.Lee's are intrigued. We are going to start the morning in Hagerstown at the outlets and then hit Frederick in the afternoon. I am trying to put together a "must see" list so that we optimize fun, so here is what I have come up with so far:
1. Offray Ribbon Outlet. There are miles of ribbon enclosed in cardboard boxes. You don't have to dig hard to have a great find. I am looking for white wire edged ribbon. Jean is looking for something for primary.
2. Prime Outlets. We are mainly interested in Gymboree and Coach.
3. Proof bakery. I don't know if we'll hit this one up for lunch, or just dessert. Everything they do there is just delicious.
4. Great Stuff by Paul. He really does have some great stuff -- two locations worth. Who knows? Maybe French grape trugs will be just what Jean is in the market for.
5. Everedy Square and Shab Row. This shopping area not only has some of the oldest buildings in the city, but it has some great little shops as well.
6. Social Study and Velvet Lounge. I am not urban and hip enough to shop in these two stores by myself, but I think Jean (and Mike if he comes, too) can up my coolness factor so I can at least get in the door.
7. Isabella's. Can you say "asparagus fries"?