Friday, July 06, 2012

We Love America

We had a great Independence Day celebration here in MD. We woke up bright and early and got ready to attend the 18th Annual Olsen Breakfast. The food is terrific and you'd be hard pressed to find a more patriotic celebration. Every year there is a costume contest, and I was determined to win. I made the girl's sundresses from the Popover Sundress pattern. They were super quick to make, and looked fabulous, if I do say so myself. Patch's shorts were made by Target and my skirt (which you'll see down in the group shot) was made by Old Navy.
 It was hot. Very hot. Ginger got a little grouchy.

 Mini-me, however, was all smiles.
 Patch thought it was "too sunny" and the program was "too long." I was so mean to make him go.
 Curly dresses up every year as a different historical figure and acts as MC. This year he was Major Jonathan Letterman, who during the Civil War came up with a combat ambulance system that is still used today. And now you learned something new from coming to my blog. Aren't you glad you did? I felt bad for him because his costume was wool. Ick. In this picture, they were getting ready to announce the winners.
We won for best dressed family, but no one thought to take my picture as I went up to accept the award. But here is Ginger later in the day with our cute USA sign. Love it.
 And here is our group shot. I love it because it's chaotic like we are. No one is looking in the right place, but we all look pretty happy. I was thrilled to finally be in some shade. And isn't my skirt cute? It's the only picture of me all day. That's so lame.
I was so wiped out after a morning in the sun I went to bed at 9:30. It was delightful. I hope your celebration was delightful as well!

8 comments:

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

It looks like fun, but too bad it was so hot out. Most of (if not all) of my clothes are made by Target or Old Navy. That Noodlehead lady makes me so envious;)

Lisa and Doug said...

I know I say this every year, but I seriously want to spend the 4th of July in Frederick one year. Y'all do it right!

patty said...

Your skirt looks so cute! What a find. And the girls are adorable. And my, does Curly ever look hot --in every sense of the word.

Kaisievic said...

Sounds like a fabulous day. It looks like it was lots of fun and the girls' dresses are adorable.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

What a grand day! I love Curly portraying Mr. Letterman, and what a fine figure he cut that day! :)
The dresses are simply adorable!

Karen said...

Great outfits Jana. Your skirt is fab. Why is it so hard to get a half decent photo of your kids? I find it impossible to get one of my son.

Thimbleanna said...

You Rock! Your little family looks SOOOO cute. Looks like you were all having fun too!

Mama Pea said...

Congrats on your prize! Your skirt is awesome and so is your family!