Friday, July 13, 2012

Big Plans

Tonight is Friday, so naturally I have big plans.

Hosted by Heidi, this monthly party is something I try to do every time. I don't always get to because sometimes my kids sense that I have plans for after they go to bed, and they decide to go bat crazy. But this month I am determined! I have about 5 quilts I'm working on right now. And that may be a conservative estimate. Don't tell Curly, but the sewing machine is coming with us on vacation.

So next month is my birthday. I'll be 35. If I were to have another baby, I would be considered "advanced maternal age." That makes me feel very VERY old. Curly will be 40, and that's sounding a lot older than me. I have my eye on a few things that would make my day extra special.

A little Kate Spain.


And some Lucy.

Would those ladies be fun to have around?

5 comments:

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

Happy birthday! We are the same age...my birthday is in September. How about for our birthdays we leave the kids at home and meet in real life at the DC Modern Quilt Guild meeting one of those months.

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh, Happy Upcoming Birthday! Those Ladies would definitely be welcome at any party. Have fun sewing!!!

Leslie said...

no sewing tonight for us....the kids and i are having movie and popcorn to soothe our sad hearts(Daddy left today).

happy upcoming birthday to you....fabric is always a perfect gift!!!

Mama Pea said...

So, I had E. when I was 39. So, you still have time! LOL. And I'm 47. How do you think that feels?

No Friday sewing for me. I drove from Michigan to New York today. Tired. Tomorrow off to New Hampshire. Happy sewing!

Karen said...

I hope you got to do some sewing and the kids 'spidey sense' didn't kick in. I can't wait for Bonnie & Camille's Marmalade to come out. I love the yellow and oranges they have included in the range. I hope your birthday plans work out.